Monday 6 September 2010

Lovebird

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't done here recently but thought I would tell you about something that happened to me last week. We were in the swimming pool when my hubby said "look, there's a bird" I thought he was being a little silly as it was an outdoor pool, but I had a look anyway. At first all I could see was a leaf that had turned autumny early. The I looked again and saw a little green bird with an orange chest.
 He fluttered down to the shower unit and when a lady came to shower before entering the pool he didn't fly away. I thought "he's tame... he's mine" So I got out of the pool and walked up to him. He didn't fly away when I reached for him and so I just picked him up!! The people at the pool found a box for him so that I could take him home and he's really sweet. He likes to sit on my head when I'm working and oversees all that I do when I'm working on my computer. He is a Fischers lovebird. I am trying to find his owners because he must have been a well loved pet and be sorely missed, but to no avail so far. Isn't he pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment